Monday 17 October 2011

KEY ELEMENTS THAT MUST BE INCLUDED.

Every music video has its main elements which describe it and make it unique, which I think I should include in my research. The genre of my music video is pop and after looking at different videos of the same style of music, songs by the same artist, or just similar songs, I have realised and seen what main elements are included in most of them and what the most common thing is.
The elements I must include are:
  • Relatively good looking people: this is because I live around teenagers(my target audience) and I know this is quite important and off putting of videos if they're not too good looking. However, not in all videos.
  • Girls dressed quite "easy"(not many clothes): In music videos of my genre, the girls are dressed to look like they are easy girls, or girls who don't really care. These girls don't normally seem too wealthy but again, not all videos include this. I want this included in my video because one of the girls I am using as a main character is complete the opposite to what I expect from her. I want my video to be really unexpected.
  • Cocky boys: Boys like this really catch people's attention, mainly girl's attention, which I think couldbe one of the main key elements I should include in my video.
  • Beautiful location: I personally think that where you locate your video is actually one of the most improtant things related to a music video because the things around the main characters can catch people's attention. Location should also be very unique, as this will lead to a better review of my music video.
Every pop music video is normally expected to have loads of different shots all put together, and they are normally filmed inside a club, maybe somewhere inside, however, as said above, I don't want my video to be "normal" I want it to be unique and different from all the videos already watched. This could be a good things if people like it, but could also be a bad thing if people don't like it. What I expect my video to be like is filmed in my school campus(beatiful locations), with people who can have fun doing it, and all the key elements said above.

No comments:

Post a Comment