Saturday 1 October 2011

Andrew Goodwin's Theory

Andrew has identified different key facts for music videos:
  1. The lyrics and the visual are linked to each other which means the visual shows what the lyrics really mean.
  2. It can happen that the visual condradicts the lyrics to the song.
  3. The genre of a music video is related to its style and iconography
  4. All the record companies will normally use close ups of the main artists or whoever sings the song.
  5. Many music videos use voyeurism in them, normally in treatment of females.
  6. Intertextual references provide gratification and pleasure for fans and they're likely to be in music videos.
I haven't really decided what exact style i want for my music video, but looking back at my mood board I would like it to be very summery(bit in the rain) and with different characters, not just two main ones therefore I think my music will conform this theory because they visual will relate to the lyrics and I will want close ups of my main characters. I will also make sure that my genre matches my style and iconography. I do really agree with this theory  as after all the music videos we all watch you never realise they way they're done and we're all tricked to "like" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment