Monday 5 March 2012

Convenctions of CD Advertising

One of the last taks in the Digipack section of our videos is to research the convenctions of the CD advertising before we create our promotion posters.

Whilst I was researching in the internet, I was surprised by the amount of small and simple adverts there are online to promotoe either CD's or just singles. I started looking at some to get some ideas and follow their layout.
I also had a look in some music magazines such as 'motion' which reviews new music, regardless the style.

Normally, these adverts take less than a page and have pictures of the artist and a smaller picture of the CD released to show what it looks like. Visual features also catch more attention that writing as well as a colourful background. The date of the release should also be included, and should be done in fairly big font, to make sure that people know then it will be out. the label of a production company(normally HMV) is often shown on the advert in order to show reputation and care for the production of the song and videos.


I have attached an example of an advert in a magazine. I found this on the internet. As said before, there is always a picture of artist and the font is quite simple. hmv label is included and the picture of the CD. Most adverts are very simple and forward with what the want to do. This is all inspired by the target audience you want.

For my promotion poster, I will need to use bright colours such as green or pink to stick to my storyline and my original idea. I will laso have to use the same font used in my digipak cover. This will relate my advertising campaign with the actual video I made. For my main picture I could have a picture of both Alvaro and Rob(Marc Anthony and Pitbul) or maybe a picture of Pitbul with a girl which will keep the reputation of being a player.

No comments:

Post a Comment